Tuesday, January 1, 2008

It's 2008. What are the goals for your relationship?

During the first few days of each new year Brian and I sit down and take a look at our individual goals as well as goals for our relationship. These past few years I have also revised my business plan for True Azimuth and presented it to him for input and approval.

"Approval?" you ask.  "What ever would you need that for?"

We are a partnership -- in more ways than one.  Starting a new business requires start up capital as well as other lifestyle financial choices.  So it is important that he share my vision. 

Its really our vision.  Our future.

And we have faith and trust in each other -- grounded in our commitment to be together "until death do us part" -- as hokey as some people may believe that to be -- we really mean it.

Every business coach / personal coach stresses the importance of clearly defined goals. You need clearly defined goals in order to achieve success.  However, clearly defined goals are not enough. Goals need objectives and action steps (tasks).  Like the needle on a compass, they point in the direction  you want to go, allowing you to maintain your focus in the present while not losing your way.

Goals also need to be reviewed regularly.

Success Studios GoalPro 6.0 A few years ago, I stopped writing goals down.  Not because it's a waste of paper -- but I because I found a better way.  Using a software-based system called GoalPro because it had the tools to define, maintain, track, and achieve my goals.  Its awesome.  But don't take my word for it.  Download a free trial version and try it out for yourself.

 

Are you still setting your goals on paper??

No comments:

Post a Comment